Mobile version: On
Students and Diploma Students at the HZDR
Due to its modern and, within the European scale, unique research facilities the HZDR as the largest research center of the newly formed German states offers first-class conditions for practical training periods and dissertations. The eight institutes are engaged in interdisciplinary research within all natural-scientific fields as well as in medicine and pharmacology. Furthermore, studies in the engineering field and information science are also possible.
Dissertations in all the natural-scientific and engineering fields may be written at the HZDR. Offers for various themes can be found on the web-sites of the institutes. See:
- Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research
- Dresden High Magnetic Field Laboratory
- Institute of Resource Ecology
- Institute of Fluid Dynamics
- Institute of Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research
- Institute of Radiation Physics
- Institute of Radiooncology
- Helmholtz Institue Freiberg for Resource Technology
- as well as the Department of Research Technology and the Department of Technical Services.
Students usually work as assistants in practical research at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf. Clearly described scientific problems arising from the current research themes of the HZDR should be solved nearly independently in close cooperation with experienced tutors. Those projects can also be investigated within a long-term activity accompanying the studies. Naturally, student traineeships can also be absolved at the HZDR.
There are several ways to apply. If you already know, which theme you are supposed to treat or in which institute you would like to start to work, then your application should be sent in written form by email or standard mail to the respective head of the institute. Prior to this, it is recommended to contact a scientist, a project manager or the head of the institute, in order to agree upon the exact layout of the theme and its schedule. If you, however, are not sure, in which field you are supposed to work and which themes are offered by the institutes, send your application to the Department of Personnel Affairs at the HZDR. This application is passed on to the institutes.
The application should contain:
- a written application with personal details and a letter of intent
- curriculum vitae (tabulated)
- copy of the recent certificates, diplomas and references
Address of the Department of Personnel Affairs:
Post Office Box 510119
In case you have any questions please call the Department of Personnel Affairs:
Phone: +49 351 260 - 3030