The International Office (IO) advises and supports visiting scientists and researchers, PhD students and postdocs from abroad as well as international users of our research facilities - together with their families - in organizing, preparing, and implementing their stay in Dresden.
We want to be your central contact point for any and all questions you may have regarding your stay at the HZDR.
Dear international colleagues,
Due to the precautions to protect the health of employees and visitors, it is only possible to visit the Immigration Office and the Dresden Welcome Center with an appointment. Spontaneous visits are not possible.
Please write an e-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment. Explain what you need and add the relevant documents in the attachment.
Please wear a mouth-nose protection and pay attention to the minimum distance. If there are signs of a cold, we ask you to cancel the appointment.
Please note that payments should be made by card or smartwatches (exception: declarations of commitment).
These regulations also apply to the citizens offices. Requests can only be made in the nearest citizens' office by appointment.
Please call the the respective office or the hotline 0351 488 - 6070.
- Schengen visas (tourist visa or C-visa), that have expired during the security measures due to the corona pandemic and whose holders cannot travel to their places of origin, will be extended until November 30th 2020. Their work permit is also extended until that date.
Persons who are currently abroad and whose residence rights expire in the meantime are not included in the general order. They are required to go to the German diplomatic mission and obtain a re-entry visa. An extension of the re-entry period for an even longer residence permit - for a stay longer than 6-months - can be requested by email.
Note: the current situation is dynamic. Please inform yourself about new regulations under the links given below.
Contact information - Welcome Center: 0351/488 6051 / email@example.com
In urgent cases you can contact the immigration office at the hotline 0351-488 6009.
Mon./Wed./Fri. from 9:00 to 12:00
Tue./Thu. from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 18:00
You can also write an email to termin to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the current situation and the local ruling please visit:
Our services include:
- Providing general information about the HZDR
- Assisting international guests with formalities that need to be completed upon arrival
- Providing general information about procedures with public authorities
- Offering support for families, e.g. we'll help you find the right accommodation and/or register your children for kindergarten or school
- Organizing and providing information about suitable leisure and recreational activities
- Organizing international summer students
For detailed information, please see our welcome guide.
Office (Building 240 , Room 107):
We look forward to helping you and/or giving you the name of the right person to get in touch with.
Contact: International Office
Phone: +49 351 2602821 or +49 1702284155
You can call the last number also in urgent cases at any time.
Good to know:
Dr. Jörg Grenzer represents all international colleagues in our work commitee since summer 2019.