Technology Transfer ─ Innovations for Industry
Research at the HZDR makes major contributions to improving cancer visualization and treatment, the sustainable use of resources, and a better understanding of matter and materials. To ensure that our ideas are applied swiftly, we cooperate with industrial partners and clinics, license our technologies to companies and launch new firms. We also pass on knowledge and expertise by opening our research facilities to third parties for joint use, making data available to others, and providing consulting services.
The Department of "Technology Transfer and Innovation" bundles all the skills and support services at the HZDR that are essential for succesful technology transfer – ranging from patent, innovation and contract management to technology marketing.
From Research to Market - Technology Transfer at HZDR
News & Events
- HZDR Transfer Day on 23. January 2024: A celebration for the transfer - REGISTER NOW
- HZDR Transfer Newsletter December 2023
- HZDR Transfer Newsletter October/ November 2023
- HZDR researcher awarded Saxon Transfer Prize
- "A major boost for our transfer culture" - Interview with Dr Björn Wolf about the goals and concerns of the HZDR Innovators School
Helmholtz Innovation Labs at the HZDR for the development of long-term industrial cooperations
Since the beginning of 2020, independent research and development units have been set up at the HZDR in close cooperation with companies and other scientific institutions in three so-called Innovation Labs. The HZDR is thus expanding its opportunities to test new technologies and fields of application and make them usable for industry. Read more