HZDR spin-off initiative
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf has set itself the goal of increasing the number of spin-offs it generates by encouraging scientists to pursue entrepreneurial careers and pushing forward with their innovations.
Prof. Sebastian M. Schmidt, Scientific Director of HZDR, on the importance of spin-offs for HZDR: “In order to meet the great challenges of our time powerfully, it is an important concern of the HZDR to transfer research results in the best possible way to business and society. It is part of our social responsibility as a research institution to support scientists as much as possible in their endeavors to found a technology-oriente
The Department of Technology Transfer and Innovation supports spin-offs along their way.
You will find further information under the links to the following points.
IDENTIFICATION OF AN INNOVATIVE IDEA
- Contact to Innovation Manager
- Invention report (internal link), HZDR invention procedure regulation (internal link)
- participate in HZDR Innovation Contest
- Patent application (HZDR guidelines for dealing with patents, internal link)
PROMOTION OF AN INNOVATION PROJECT (refer to funding opportunities)
- Exploitation plan (internal link) according to HZDR exploitation guideline
- Funding from HZDR innovation fund
- Validation funding programs, e.g. Helmholtz validation fund
- Further development of inventions, e.g. with WIPANO
PROOF OF CONCEPT AND INITIAL MARKET ENTRY
- Startup coaching supported by dresden exists
- Sales support through Hightech-Startbahn
- Startup funding programs, e.g. Helmholtz Enterprise and EXIST
- Incubation phase within HZDR Innovation GmbH
COMPANY SPIN-OFF AND BEYOND
- Use of HZDR infrastructure and licencing of IP
- Leave of absence and option to return
- HZDR Innovation GmbH as investor/ seed funding support
- HZDR as lead customer (first reference) of the innovation
- Equity capital: Access to High-Tech Gründerfonds and Technologiegründerfonds Sachsen
- Alumni-Network for exchange of experience
Have any questions or would like to find out more? Please write us to email@example.com.