Flomix - Objectives
- obtain complementary data on slug mixing from 1:5 and 1:2.56 scaled experimental facilities using measurement techniques with enhanced resolution in space and time,
- utilise data from steady state mixing experiments and plant commissioning test data to determine the primary circuit flow flow distribution and the effect of thermal mixing phenomena in the context of the structural integrity assessment,
- use the experimental data to justify application of various turbulence and turbulent mixing models for various flow conditions, to suppress numerical diffusion and to decrease grid, time step and user effects in the CFD analyses,
- extend the identification and evaluation of the key flow mixing and distribution phenomena to VVER specifics,
- make available experimental data sets for code validation, both for real VVER configuration (Paks NPP) and experimental models of VVER reactors.