CYCLONE 18/9 + 10/5 USER COMMUNITY
(I. Barisan, C. Dupont, S. Todde, St. Preusche)
Organizing facilityThe fourth workshop of the "CYCLONE 18/9 + 10/5 USER COMMUNITY" and the sixth "SCX Cyclotron User Meeting" was organized by IBA / Belgium, Fondazione Centro San Raffaele / Italy and Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori / Italy and was held at Milano / Italy on November 24 - 27, 2002.
Participants100 participants from 14 countries came to this joint workshop.
Poster presentations of the facilities in the opening/visiting evening
IBA presentation of new developments and the new structure of the After-Sales Department and Services Department.
Discussion of the several topics:
- each session started with a short lecture of the chairman as an overview or introduction related to the topic
- operation and maintenance of the two types of cyclotrons
- targetry and chemistry module operation
- how to solve problems and trouble-shooting
- information about the launch of the IBA Technical Helpdesk
- round table
visiting program: Cyclotron Unit of Fondazione Centro San Raffaele / Italy
Discussions and approaches to improve the lifetime of several cyclotron parts
The fifth workshop will be organized by BA / Belgium and Mc Gill Montreal Neurological Institute / Canada. It is planned to be held at Montreal on May 02-04, 2005.