Video Conferences at HZDR
Professional video conferences can be done in several video conference rooms at the HZDR sites in Dresden, Freiberg and Leipzig. The connection is possible via internet (h.323 over IP) or telephone connection (ISDN up to 512k). For multipoint conferences the DFN gatekeeper can be used (see below).
- Using the calendar functionality of the intranet-portal (select building and room, please give the VC-target in the comment) all VC-rooms can be booked.
- contact: department Information Technology, office (telephone number: 2190)
- Apply for a multipoint-videoconference at the Gatekeeper DFN → Conferences
Procedure: Start, reserve ID, define password, take control, works ad-hoc, without extensive reservation!
DFNConf based conferences can be joined via VC-System, any H.323/SIP compatible client, a webbrowser (no installation necessary), via phone.
Strong recommendation: there are about 30 different VC systems/providers which do not correspond (e.g. Zoom can not talk to WebEx). Most of these require the installation of a propieritary client.
Please keep in mind, GoToMeeting and BlueJeans can not be used with our VC hardware, WebEx only with external invitation, you have to use your own PC and your own hardware (camera, microphone/speaker with echo cancelation).
- For lectures or seminars with a large number of participants, you might want to use our own Big Blue Button server https://bbb.hzdr.de. A webbrowser and your own hardware is required only. We strongly recommend using a headset.
Conference systems: (site, building-room):
- Dresden 104-201: max. 18 persons (Polycom HDX 7000),
IP: 22.214.171.124, E.164: 0049 351 260 4524, room-phone: 3102,
contact person: E. Reschke
- Dresden 110-230: max. 20 persons (Polycom HDX 7000),
IP: 126.96.36.199, E.164: 0049 351 260 4523, phone: 3111,
contact person: N. Schmeißer
- Dresden 801-P244 : max. 20 persons (Polycom HDX7000),
IP: 188.8.131.52, E.164: 0049 351 260 4520, phone: 2894
contact person: R. Berndt
On request, the system can be transported by the born 801-P244 also in the room 801-P142.
Here is a table and it is total up to 70 seats a seat capacity of 56 seats, as well as in addition 14 single chairs available, if required.
The plant has also a multipoint functionality up to 4 simultaneous partners via IP connection.
Dresden 801-P142: max 70 persons (Polycom HDX7000),
IP: 184.108.40.206, E. 164: 0049 351 260 4520, Tel.: 3603
contact person: R. Berndt
- Leipzig L9.3-216: max. 30 persons (Polycom HDX7000),
IP: 220.127.116.11, E.164: 0049 351 260 4521, phone: 4648,
contact person: M. Mann
- Participate a concerence using a videoconcerence system or a local H.323 client (e.g. ekiga, jabber, Polycom Real Presence Mobile App)
- HD-Camera with predefined positions (even controllable from the remote side)
- Presentations showed via beamer or monitor and transfer to VC-partners simulaneously
- Multipoint-Video Conferences up to 10 partners simultaneously (via DFN or in room 104-201 only!)
- High-quality table or Kardioid-Level-Microphones
Einwahl an den Polycom Anlagen:
- DFN-Conf Meeting:
vc.dfn.de##meetingID (as organizer #PIN)
Example: vc.dfn.de##979147055 Select, then continue by remote control #1234#
- WEBEX Meeting:
IP from the invitation mail as dialing string → #meetingID#
Example: 18.104.22.168 Select, then continue by remote control→ #1635340348#
- Zoom Meeting:
Meetings without a password:
[IP Address]##[Meeting ID]###[Host Key]
Meetings with a password:
[IP Address]##[Meeting ID]#[Password]#[Layout]#[Host Key]
Note: The HostKey can be obtained from the meeting creator!
Participating Facilities on DFN-Video Conference Service:
- Current announced systems: DFN-Zone
- Participating facilities: See Facilities
- Help information: VC-Handbook
Please order timely, a previous test for new remote stations is recommendable.