Simulation, Experiment and Application
25 - 27 April 2007
The conference will be organised again by Forschungszentrum Dresden - Rossendorf and ANSYS Germany (CFX). The workshop is supported by the Alliance for Competence in Nuclear Technology Germany.
Multiphase flows are of great interest to a large variety of industries. The power generation, nuclear reactor technology, food production, chemical process, aerospace and automotive industries are all driving forces in this complex field.
The goal of the workshop is to bring together experimental and numerical practitioners, and to foster discussion and exchange of knowledge.
Experts from both areas are called upon to present their research and application results to a receptive worldwide audience. Topics of interest include:
- CFD technology for multiphase flows
- Phase interaction models
- Turbulence models
- Solution algorithms
- Application of CFD methods to multiphase flow problems
- Experimental investigations of multiphase and magnetohydrodynamic flows
- Measurement methods for multiphase and magnetohydrodynamic flows
- Simulation and modeling of magneto-hydrodynamic flows
Papers are welcome either as full text or as presentation slides. The participants will receive the full proceedings an a CD-ROM.
H. Anglart, KTH Stockholm, Sweden: "On Mechanistic Modeling of Multiphase Flows and Heat Transfer in Nuclear Fuel Assemblies"
Prof. em. G. Yadigaroglu, ETH Zürich & ASCOMP, Switzerland: "Simulating Bubbly Flows: Insights from Ensemble-Averaged Data"
The short course is designed to provide knowledge on the use of numerical and experimental methods for multiphase flows.
The participants will receive an overview of the possibilities and limits of modern experimental methods and computational fluid dynamics (CFD). Valuable information an the applicability of CFD for your tasks will be provided.
The short course will address engineers, chemists, physicists and technicians active in research and design, who would like to be informed on modern design methods and tools for multi-phase flows.
- Mathematical Models for Multiphase Flows
- Eulerian Multiphase Flow: Phase Interaction Models
- Lagrangian Two-Phase Flow Models
- Interfacial Heat & Mass Transfer Models
- Measurement Techniques and Experimental Investigations for Bubbly Flows
- Practical Calculations of Bubbly Flows
- Dr. Markus Braun, Fluent Deutschland
- PD Dr. habil. Thomas Frank, ANSYS Germany
- Dr. Eckhard Krepper, FZ Dresden - Rossendorf
- Dr. habil. Uwe Hampel, FZ Dresden - Rossendorf