Water pollution control
- surveillance of operation of water installations at the HZDR as required by law
- applying for and updating of legal permissions concerning water rights
- surveillance of the implementation of self-control for the drain paths of sewage and rain water and interpretation of the results
- formulation and updating of operational regulations and instructions
- surveillance of defined monitoring stations for groundwater with regard to old neglected deposits
- reporting duties regarding the appropriate water law authorities
Filter system for micro particles of the Laboratory Sewage Purification Plant (LARA): sewage from all laboratories of the FZD is treated chemically and physically in this plant before being forwarded to the clarification plant for mechanical and biological purification.