Am I an eliglibe candidate for the summer student program?
If you are interested in applying for the summer students program, please check that you fulfill following requirements:
- You are a student of natural sciences (physical or life sciences) or related studies
- You have an advanced undergraduate or master level. At the beginning of the program you should have completed at least three years of your study.
- In the case of diploma degree programs you need to have a confirmation of passing the third year of studies
- Your can prove a good academic performance through your grades and a letter of recommendation written by a scientist who knows you and your work and is in the position to evaluate them
- You must have a valid university enrollment covering the whole period of the program (student ID)
- You have good knowledge of English language in order to take part in all activities of the program
- PhD students are not eligible for the program
Applicants will be selected by a committee at the HZDR consisting of the senior scientist and the research group leaders. The selected candidates will be assigned to a specific research group according to the research area chosen in the application and their field of studies or specialization.
How to apply for the summer student program
These are the application steps:
Fill out the application form. Application deadline: March 1st 2020
Select two of the main research fields you would like to work on during your stay (matter, health, technology or energy).
Identify your 1st and 2nd choice
Select the kind of work you would prefer to do (experimental, scientific computing or data analysis)
In case you already know your supervisor, please write down his/her name in the space provided in the registration form and remind him to apply as well
- Specify the period of time you are available. We expect you to stay for at least 6 weeks, presence during the lecture periode in August is obligatory
- Upload a one page Curriculum Vitae
- Upload a copy of your academic grades/records
- Upload a copy of your student ID
- You will recive a link where the professor or senior scientist can upload his letter of recommendation
Acceptance or rejection notifications will be sent by email once the selection has been made, no later than April 15th 2020.
The application ends March 1st 2020
More important dates can be found here.