Workshop on Nuclear Astrophysics at the Dresden Felsenkeller
A new underground ion accelerator facility for nuclear astrophysics is currently under construction in the Felsenkeller area, Dresden. The accelerator tank will be moved into the underground tunnel in April 2017, and the facility will open in September 2017. In order to update and discuss the science case for the new facility, and also to update on the state of the art in the field of nuclear astrophysics, a short workshop will be held in Dresden, from 26-28 June 2017.
The highlight of the workshop will be the ceremonial opening of the Felsenkeller tunnels in the presence of 2015 Physics Nobel Laureate Arthur B. McDonald, the Saxonian Minister of Science, the Mayor of Dresden, and the Rector of TU Dresden.
Scientific program, link here
Photo: HZDR/O. Killig
Two image galleries of the ceremonial opening are available:
Scientific advisory committee
- Zsolt Fülöp, MTA ATOMKI Debrecen, Hungary
- Brian Fulton, University of York, UK
- Alessandra Guglielmetti, Milano University, INFN, and LUNA collaboration, Italy
- Jordi José, UPC Barcelona, Spain
Time and venue
Workshop begins: Monday 26 June 2017 13:30
Workshop (scientific part) ends: Wednesday 28 June 2017 12:30
Ceremonial lab opening: Wednesday 28 June 2017 13:00 - 15:00
Venue Monday+Tuesday: Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, Bautzner Landstr. 400, 01328 Dresden
- Dresden can be conveniently reached by air (Dresden international airport, many connections to Frankfurt, Munich, and Düsseldorf) or within two hours by train or by bus from Berlin.
- Participants should book their own accommodation using the link given below.
- Bus transfer from the hotels (i.e. the three pre-reserved hotels) to the venue and back will be provided.
- The registration deadline has expired on 7 June 2017.
- If you wish to register even though the deadline has passed, please enquire with the organizers.
- Please register by e-mail to Anne Varga stating the title of your contribution (if applicable), your accommodation, travel dates, and whether you will attend the ceremonial opening.
- There is no registration fee, but we do require registration by e-mail in order to be able to plan ahead.
- Participants are responsible for their own hotel booking, preferably using the accommodation info at this link (with special prices reserved until 9 June).
- First circular (9 May 2017).
- Second and final circular (13 June 2017).
- Scientific program as PDF file (last updated 22 June 2017).
- Daniel Bemmerer, HZDR
- Kai Zuber, TU Dresden
- Conference secretary: Anne Varga, phone: +49 351 260 3293