Older news from the division of nuclear physics
Older news from the division of nuclear physics (before 2017)
- Mirco Dietz won the Best Poster Award for his contribution to the ND 2016 (International Conference on Nuclear Data for Science and Technology). Congratulations to Mirco!
- Several hundreds of visitors during Dresden's "Lange Nacht der Wissenschaften" found their way to the upcoming underground laboratory Felsenkeller. Thanks go to Marcel Grieger, Felix Ludwig, Stefan Reinicke, Stefan Schulz, Louis Wagner, and Daniel Bemmerer for their enthusiasm and their effort during the presentations.
- We published an article with the title Alles im Fluss about the facility ELBE in the member magazine Physik Journal of the German Physical Society.
- Mirco Dietz received the "Best Poster Presentation award" at the ICTP-IAEA School on "Nuclear data measurements for science and applications" from 19 - 30 October 2015 for his contribution "γ-angular distributions af 56Fe(n,n'γ) @ nELBE Time-of-Flight facility". Congratulations, Mirco!
- The positron group organized an international workshop with 55 participants on "Methods and Applicatons of Porosimetry" from 21. - 23. October, 2015.
- Konrad Schmidt defendend his PhD thesis (about experimental studies of the 40Ca(α,γ)44Ti reaction) with distinction (summa cum laude) June 29th, 2015 at the Technische Universität Dresden. Super, Konrad!
- Marco Jungmann successfully defendend his PhD thesis (about the monoenergetic positron source at ELBE and porosity of thin low-k films) June 1st, 2015 at Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg. All the best, Marco!
- Roland Hannaske defended his PhD thesis (about deuteron break-up experiments for the big bang nucleosynthesis) with distinction (summa cum laude) May 26st, 2015 at the Technische Universität Dresden. Congratulations, Roland!
- Georg Schramm (diploma thesis in nuclear physics) defended his PhD thesis (Dr. rer. medic) with distinction (summa cum laude) January 21st, 2015. Congratulations, Georg!
- Arnd Junghans organized an International Workshop on Elastic and Inelastic Neutron Scattering at HZDR from Dec. 3 - 5, 2014.
- Roland Beyer and Marko Röder, both successfully defended their PhD theses in November 2014 at TU Dresden. Congratulations, Roland and Marko!
- Ralph Massarczyk very successfully defended his PhD thesis October 14, 2014 at TU Dresden. He now accepted a post-doc position at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico. We wish you all the best for the future, Ralph!
- Louis Wagner and Thu Trang Trinh landed the 2nd and the 3rd place in the "Best Poster" contest at the 2014 PhD day of the HZDR in Altenberg. Congratualtions to both of you!
- Ronald Schwengner organized the Fifteenth International Symposium on Capture Gamma-Ray Spectroscopy and Related Topics
(CGS15) from August 23 to 29, 2015 in Dresden.
- Michael Anders is first author of an article in "Physical Review Letters" on the confirmation of a persistent problem of the abundance of Lithium isotops generated in the Big Bang. Great work, Micha!
- Wolfgang Anwand is a coauthor of an article which appeared in "Applied Physics Letters" (highest impact factor of applied physics journals) on red luminescence in Zinc Oxide. Imagine a life without zinc, Wolfgang!
- Konrad Schmidt is one of the poster price laureates of the conference Nuclei in the Cosmos XIII (July 2014, Debrecen, Hungary). Congratulations Konrad!
- Maik Butterling defended his PhD thesis summa cum laude July 3rd, 2014 at the Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg. Congratulations Maik!
- Ralph Massarczyk is the first author of the paper "Nuclear Deformation and Neutron Excess as Competing Effects for Dipole Strength in the Pygmy Region" which presents a part of his PhD thesis work in "Physical Review Letters". Congratulations Ralph!
- Klaus Heidel, Manfred Sobiella and members of the Oncoray team now (21.01.2014) hold a patent on a special contacting technology for CdZnTe semiconductor detectors. Congratulations!