Preparing a scheduled beam time at ELBE
Preparing a scheduled beam time at pELBE
Please, locate your scheduled beam time at https://www.hzdr.de/db/CMS?pNid=3623.
Remember to prepare your beamtime via the GATE portal in advance. All participating users should be registered to the GATE portal: https://gate.hzdr.de.
You also may want to reserve a room in our guest house https://www.hzdr.de/db/Cms?pNid=3068. Do not wait too long, because there is no infinite capacity.
Below you find some formal requirements before your beamtime, which are obligatory in order to obtain an access to the ELBE facility (please note that not fullfilling the below requirements in advance of your beamtime could strongly limit the access to the ELBE facility)
- Information for external guests can be found here: https://www.hzdr.de/db/Cms?pNid=3142.
- To get access to the radiation safety areas in our building 540/542, there are two things to do (mandatory for all external guests at ELBE):
- Fill in the form "dose attestation" to confirm your individual dose (calendar year and lifetime dose). Afterwards sign the form and send it as a scan (or photo) to the radiation safety officer (SSB) Isabel Kösterke (firstname.lastname@example.org). With this information we decide which kind of dosimeter(s) and radiation safety terms are neccessary during your stay in the ELBE experimental area (building 540/542).
- Perform the radiation safety training via your HZDR- GATE-login. Before your first access to building 540/542 please do the "primary briefing for general radiation protection building 540/542", and before a repeated access please do the "repeated briefing for general radiation protection building 540/542". The instruction certificate has to be printed and signed and sent as a scan (or photo) to the radiation safety officer (SSB) Isabel Kösterke (email@example.com). The training includes a multiple-choice test and it takes about 30 to 60 minutes of your time. The certificate is valid for one year.
- The mentioned documents have to be provided at latest 14 days before the beginning of your beamtime. Compleating the documents will grant you access to building 540/542 using your HZDR guest card which you will receive at the main HZDR gate. If the documents are incomplete, you will not get the access to building 540/542.
Thanks a lot for your cooperation and patience and enjoy your beam time!