Multiphase Flows - Simulation, Experiment and Application
The conference will take place after the Short Course from Wednesday noon until Friday noon.
Multiphase flows occur in a large variety of industrial applications, for instance in the chemical and process industry, in power generation, and in the automotive industry. In order to improve the quality of these products, to accelerate their development, and to increase their safety, it is important to better understand, model, and simulate multiphase flows.
The goals of the conference are to discuss the state of the art in multiphase flow research and applications, and to foster discussion and exchange of knowledge. Experts from the experimental side, from modelling and simulation, as well as experts from the application field are invited to present their research and results to a worldwide audience.
General topics of interest include
- Simulation technology for multiphase flows
- Phase interaction models
- Turbulence models
- Solution algorithms
- Multi-scale modelling techniques
- Application of simulation methods to multiphase flow problems
- Experimental investigations of multiphase and magnetohydrodynamic flows
- Measurement methods for multiphase and magnetohydrodynamic flows
- Deformation and breakup of bubbles in turbulence by small eddies
Prof. Rui Ni, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Stagnant Taylor bubble experiments in vertical counter-current flow
Prof. Iztok Tiselj, Jožef Stefan Institute, Slovenia