The International Office (IO) advises and supports visiting scientists and researchers, PhD students and postdocs from abroad as well as international users of our research facilities - together with their families - in organizing, preparing, and implementing their stay here in Dresden.
We want to be your central contact point for any and all questions you may have regarding your stay at the HZDR.
Our services include:
- Providing general information about the HZDR
- Assisting international guests with formalities that need to be completed upon arrival
- Providing general information about procedures with public authorities
- Offering support for families, e.g. we'll help you find the right accommodation and/or register your children for kindergarten or school
- Organizing and providing information about suitable leisure and recreational activities
- Organizing international summer students and mentoring programs
For detailed information, please see our welcome guide.
Office Hours (Building 110, Room 207):
Mondays and Fridays: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 13:30 p.m. - 16:30 p.m.
(and by appointment)
We look forward to helping you and/or giving you the name of the right person to get in touch with.
Contact: International Office or 0170-2284155.
You can call this number also in urgent cases at any time.