Welcome to the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf
You have already heard about the HZDR and are now interested in visiting our research center? We are pleased to introduce visitors - high-school and university students mainly - to our most interesting research areas. Visitor groups may also visit important research facilities and experimental instruments. Please contact us for more information. We will arrange an individual programme for you.
Our scientists would like to give our visitors an insight into the ongoing research conducted at the HZDR by providing free of charge talks and tours to groups visiting our institute. Please note that the scientific work at the HZDR cannot be interrupted and various safety precautions should be taken. We therefore ask you to consider our organizational advices when you plan your visit to the HZDR. We are sure that it will contribute to the success of your visit.
Some advices for our visitors:
The HZDR is subject to special access regulations. Please request your visit at an early stage to Communication and Media. The processing may last several weeks, according to the availability of the involved scientists. Prior to your visit you will receive a detailed programme in written form.
It is possible that your visit will lead to a so-called radiological control area. Please note that access to people under the age of 16 and pregnant or nursing women is denied.
- We organize tours for groups of 10 - 40 participants. Large groups will be split up.
- The Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf is open for tours from Monday to Friday between 9 am to 4 pm.
- You will also receive our access list for visitor groups prior to your visit. This list has to be filled in (capital letters) and returned (by mail, email or fax) at least one week prior to the scheduled tour date. The list must contain the full name, ID-card/passport-number as well as date of birth for all group members. Please do not forget to include your bus driver or any other person accompanying you. After having received the radiation protection instructions, everybody will be asked to sign the list.
- All visitors require a valid ID-card, passport, or driving licence.
- The tour either starts in the entrance building of HZDR or the guard will direct you to the meeting point.
- At the beginning of the tour visitors are informed about the main activities of the HZDR followed by a visit to one or two scientific or technical facilities.
Please reserve at least 2-3 hours for the visit; visitors can also have lunch at our cafeteria.