The Radioecology lecture is part of the module "Umwelt- und Radiochemie". Lecture topics on environmental radioactivity deal with e.g. sources of radionuclides in the environment, factors influencing radionuclide migration and uptake in food chains and our ecosystems, sampling and pre-treatment of environmental samples, radionuclide separation methods and specific counting techniques for low-level samples. In addition, examples on how radioecology is present in every-day life are given. A short outline of the course is given below.
The content of the Radioecology lecture as well as some time table is available for download here.
The Radioecology lectures 2022 will be held in presence (CHE/182).
The lectures and any additional material will be uploaded here. If you do not have the user name and password, please contact Dr. Nina Huittinen.
- Dr. N. Huittinen: Part 1
(new as of 5.5.2022, 680 MB, Zip file including updated slided and 2021 video lessons 1-4)
- Dr. N. Huittinen: Part 2 (new as of 5.5.2022, 4.5 MB)
2021 lecture notes
The lecture scripts of the last year (2021) are also available for further self-study.
- Dr. N. Huittinen: Part 1 (19.5.2021, 12.7 MB)
- Dr. N. Huittinen: Part 2 (01.7.2021, 17.1 MB)
- Dr. N. Huittinen: Part 3 (15.7.2021, 9.2 MB)
The exams will take place in the week from 25.7. to 28.7.2022.
Certificate of achievement
Master studies in Chemistry (MA-CH-MRBO 10) see Modul "Umwelt- und Radiochemie"
- Certificate of participation with grading after oral examination or
- Certificate of participation only.
The lecture will take place in the summer semester starting Thursday the 7th of April from 9.20 to 10.50 a.m. in room CHE/182.
The Masterpraktikum will take place on:
- 29.8 to 2.9.2022 (HZDR)
- 5.9-9.9.2022 (TUD)
- Kratz, Lieser: "Nuclear and Radiochemistry"
- Choppin, Rydberg, Liljenzin: "Radiochemistry and Nuclear Chemistry"
- Atwood: "Radionuclides in the Environment"
- Poinssot, Geckeis: "Radionuclide behaviour in the natural environment"
- Lehto, Hou: "Chemistry and Analysis of Radionuclides"