Internationally Funded Research Projects at the HZDR
These are the current projects within the 7th Framework Programme and within HORIZON 2020* of the European Union.
You may find a short description of the project by clicking on them.
- AIDA-2020: Advanced European Infrastructures for Detectors at Accelerators, 05/2015 - 04/2019
- BioMOre: New Mining Concept for Extracting Metals from Deep Ore Deposits using Biotechnology, 02/2015 - 01/2018
- CAPTURE: Capture of mineral particles by rising bubbles, 10/2014 - 10/2017
- Cebama: Cement-based materials, properties, evolution, barrier functions, 06/2015 - 05/2019
- CHANDA: solving CHAllenges in Nuclear DAta, 12/2013 - 11/2017
- CHROMIC: effiCient mineral processing and Hydrometallurgical RecOvery of by-product Metals from low-grade metal contaIning seCondary raw materials, 11/2016 - 10/2020
- CNTQC: Curved Nanomembranes for Topological Quantum Computation, 06/2014 - 05/2017
- CONCERT: European Joint Programme for the Integration of Radiation Protection Research, 06/2015 - 05/2020
- ESNII plus: Preparing ESNII for HORIZON 2020, 09/2013 - 08/2017
- EUCALL: European Cluster of Advanced Laser Light Sources, 10/2015 - 09/2018
- EuCARD-2: Enhanced European Coordination for Accelerator Research and Development, 05/2013 - 04/2017
- EuPRAXIA: European Plasma Research Accelerator with eXcellence In Applications, 11/2015 - 10/2019
- FRIENDS2: Framework of Innovation for Engineering of New Durable Solar Surfaces, 01/2015 - 12/2018
- GaLlophore: Selective recovery of gallium from wastewaters of GaAs fabrication industry using siderophore based bisorptive biocomposites, 10/2016 - 09/2018
- IONS4SET: Ion-irradiation-induced Si Nanodot Self-Assembly for Hybrid SET-CMOS Technology, 02/2016 - 01/2020
- IVMR: In-Vessel Melt Retention Severe Accident Management Strategy for Existing and Future NPPs, 06/2015 - 05/2019
- LASERLAB-EUROPE: The Integrated Initiative of European Laser Research Infrastructures, 12/2015 - 11/2019
- Light-CORM-CaT: Development of novel Near-infrared Light-triggered CORMs for Cancer Treatment, 04/2015 - 04/2018
- MatISSE: Materials' Innovations for a Safe and Sustainable nuclear in Europe, 11/2013 - 10/2017
- MAXSIMA: Methodology, Analysis and eXperiments for the "Safety In MYRRHA Assessment", 11/2012 - 10/2018
- MIND: Development of the safety case knowledge base about the influence of microbial processes on geological disposal of radioactive wastes, 06/2015 - 05/2019
- MinePep: Establishing of a novel technology platform for bio-based mineral processing: Development of peptides as agents for the separation of rare earth minerals via bio-flotation, 03/2015 - 02/2017
- MUSE: Muon campus in US and Europe contribution, 01/2016 - 12/2019
- MYRTE: MYRRHA Research and Transmutation Endeavour, 04/2015 - 03/2019
- NetFlot: Flotation processing techniques for ores separation and concentration, 01/2016 - 12/2018
- npSCOPE: The nanoparticle-scope: A new integrated instrument for accurate and reproducible physico-chemical characterisation of nanoparticles, 01/2017 - 12/2020
- OptimOre: Increasing yield on Tungsten and Tantalum ore production by means of advanced and flexible control on crushing, milling and separation process, 12/2014 - 11/2017
- PreFlex: Pre-treatment and physical separation of complex low grade ores and residues, 01/2016 - 12/2018
- RMProSchool: EIT RM High Level Professional School, 01/2016 - 12/2019
- SESAME: thermal hydraulics Simulations and Experiments for the Safety Assessment of MEtal cooled reactors, 04/2015 - 03/2019
- SMaRT: Shapeable Magnetoelectronics in Research and Technology, 01/2013 - 12/2017
- SOTERIA: Safe long term operation of light water reactors based on improved understanding of radiation effects in nuclear structural materials, 09/2015 - 08/2019
- SPRITE: Supporting Postgraduate Research with Internships in industry and Training Excellence, 01/2013 - 12/2016
- XFLOW: Ultrafast X-Ray Tomography of Turbulent Bubble Flows, 01/2013 - 12/2016
Special attention is to be given on the projects IONS4SET and NetFlot where HZDR acts as coordinator as well as on the projects SMaRT and XFLOW which were selected for an European Research Council Starting Grant.
*only projects that started before 2017.
Update coming soon!