Application Services (FWCA)
What is the purpose of this department?
The "Application Services" department is part of the Information Services and Computing department. It carries out IT projects together with the involved departments in order to make integrated IT applications with digital processes, free of media discontinuity and available to all users. The projects include updates and upgrades of existing applications as well as functional expansions or completely new implementations including the redesign of IT-supported processes in the scientific and commercial areas.
What are our tasks?
- Requirements management: gathering functional requirements, differentiation between "should" and "can" criteria, and developing a solution concept (scoping - what is included? what is not included?)
- IT development planning: working out a plan for the implementation of the solution concept in the existing heterogeneous IT infrastructure of the HZDR (What is the leading system for the process to be adapted?, How should the process be designed in the future?)
- Realization: Transfer of the requirements into the corresponding IT systems and coordination of framework conditions resulting due to the integration in the existing IT infrastructure.
- Support of testing and launch: Assistance of the departments and implementation of error corrections during the testing phase as well as launch after successful completion and validation.
- Support of the department: User Services as 2nd level support for all central scientific and commercial IT applications