Workshop on ChETEC starting community for nuclear astrophysics
The nuclear astrophysics community requires a number of small or medium-size infrastructures for its cutting-edge research:
- Supercomputers for astrophysical modelling
- Small or medium-size nuclear laboratories
- Small or medium-size telescopes
The aim of the workshop is to explore practical ways to strengthen the connections between the ChETEC network and those infrastructures.
Time and venue
Photo: B. Rimarzig/HZDR
Registration (by 21. / 28.10.2019)
Please register by e-mail, giving the following information (use the e-mail link or copy/paste the below template):
- Research infrastructure you represent/propose (if applicable):
- Research topic you represent/propose (if applicable):
- Do you want to apply for COST support (yes/no - COST deadline 21.10.2019):
- If you apply for COST support, state the number of nights in hotel you apply for (max. 2 nights - 60 € per night) and the estimated travel cost (please try to stay below 400 €).
- In case you request assistance with the transfer between airport and workshop site, please let us know your travel details.
Conference fee and possible COST support
- The invitation list for COST support by the ChETEC CA16117 will be confirmed by the ChETEC Management Committee after 21.10.2019.
- Those participants selected for COST support will receive an individual, official notification directly from COST, including detailed instructions.
- There is no conference fee.
Local organizing committee
The draft program (status 23.09.2019) is given here. All the information is still subject to change!
11:30 - 13:30 Lunch in HZDR cafeteria (participants are responsible for paying their own meal).
13:30 - 15:30: General information and past experience
- Welcome and introduction (D. Bemmerer, HZDR and K. Schmidt, TU Dresden)
- H2020 infrastructure initiatives at HZDR: examples and lessons learnt (B. Schramm, HZDR)
- ChETEC COST Action 2017-2021: Experience and directions for future work (R. Hirschi, Keele)
- EuroGENESIS EuroCORES program 2010-2013: Progress made and takeaway for future work (TBD)
- Experiences from the failed ELEMENTGENESIS startin community bid in 2016 (D. Bemmerer, HZDR)
15:30 - 16:00 Coffee break.
16:00 - 18:00: Possible inputs to a new research infrastructure network (1)
- Guiding questions for inputs to new research infrastructure network (D. Bemmerer, HZDR)
- Small experimental nuclear astrophysics facilities (Z. Fülöp, Atomki)
- Medium-sized astronomical telescopes (A. Kucinskas, Vilnius)
- Medium-sized computing facilities (TBD)
- Particle physics outreach in "Netzwerk Teilchenwelt" as a blueprint for nuclear astrophysics outreach (U. Bilow, TU Dresden TBC)
- Chemical evolution studies as drivers and guides for new experiments, computations, and observations (TBD)
Bus transfer to Dresden city center. Conference dinner (participants are responsible for paying their own meal).
08:00 - 08:45 Bus transfer from Dresden city center to workshop venue Rossendorf.
09:00 - 10:30: Possible inputs to a new research infrastructure network (2)
- Nuclear astrophysics experiment: Targets, detectors, etc. (TBD - one or two talks)
- Nucleosynthesis simulations: 1D, 3D, etc. (TBD - one or two talks)
- Data bases etc. (TBD)
- This session is open for additional inputs that may strengthen the above mentioned research infrastructures
10:30 - 11:00 Coffee break.
11:00 - 12:15: Round table discussion
- Formal requirements for a new proposal (B. Schramm, HZDR)
- Suggested initial structure (D. Bemmerer, HZDR)
- Round table discussion
Lunch in HZDR cafeteria (participants are responsible for paying their own meal).
List of participants (last update 04.10.2019)
- Daniel Bemmerer, HZDR, Germany
- Kathrin Göbel, Uni Frankfurt, Germany
- Arunas Kucinskas, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Ralf Nolte, PTB, Germany
- Konrad Schmidt, TU Dresden, Germany
- Aldo Serenelli, CSIC, Spain
- Kai Zuber, TU Dresden, Germany