Informationen zum Audit berufundfamilie
Reconciling research and family
With currently around 1500 employees from over 70 nations, the HZDR is the largest research institution in Saxony. The commitment, motivation and qualifications of these women and men are a prerequisite for our scientific success. In the competition for the best minds, we therefore do everything we can to create optimal working conditions. An important component of the HZDR's personnel policy is equal opportunities for men and women, which we regard as a social obligation. Gender equality in the professional context and in career opportunities requires that work and family are not mutually exclusive. It must be possible to reconcile both areas of life for women just as it is for men. Our aim is therefore to make the HZDR as attractive as possible for employees with family care responsibilities. Corresponding offers are not only aimed at young parents, but also apply to the care of relatives.
Since 2008, the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden - Rossendorf e. V. has been subject to the audit of berufundfamilie gGmbH of the non-profit Hertie Foundation. The certificate associated with this has been confirmed six times so far and thus underlines the Centre's "family- and life-phase-conscious" personnel policy.
To better anchor the topic, the HZDR has set up a family office as a central contact and coordination point within the human resources department. The family office offers all employees of the Centre information, advice and support on issues relating to the compatibility of work and family. The office's tasks include coordinating and implementing the goals that the HZDR has set for itself as part of the audit to become a family-friendly company.
- Advisory service on the compatibility of work and family life
- Information and organisation of places in crèches and kindergartens
- Support in the event of childcare bottlenecks
- Holiday offers
- Information on flexitime and part-time options
- Information on flexible working hours
- Advice on options for completing a doctoral thesis after parental leave, especially in the case of project funding
- Information and advice on caring for relatives
- Information on company health management
- Information on the Dual-Career Service in cooperation with the DRESDEN-concept network
- Contact to the company committees, such as the Equal Opportunities Officer and the competent works council