Awards, Professorial Appointments & Personnel Matters 2010
|HZDR Research Award
Dr. Xin Ou, Dr. Reinhard Kögler and Dr. Wolfgang Skorupa vom Institute of Ion-Beam Physics and Materials Research
|HZDR Technology Award
Dr. Katrin Pollmann, Dr. Johannes Raff, Dr. Sabine Kutschke, Tobias Günther and Falk Lehmann Institute of Radiochemistry
HZDR Award for Doctoral Candidates
Dr. Beate Bergk, Dresden High Magnetic Field Laboratory
Dr. Martina Bieberle & Dr. Martin Wagner
|HZDR Award for Scientific Communication
André Arnold, Institute of Radiation Physics
|2nd Prize in the Siempelkamp Competence Workshop “Preservation of Competence in Nuclear Technology”
2010 Annual Meeting on Nuclear Technology in Berlin
Cornelia Heintze, Institute of Safety Research
|Poster Award, presented at the Students’ Day during the Laser Optics Berlin 2010 convention
Franziska Kroll, Institute of Radiation Physics
|Heinrich Barkhausen Award of the Carl Friedrich von Siemens Foundation for students and young scientists
Dr. Martina Bieberle, Institute of Safety Research
|Award for the best presentation held during the “ICONE 18 Student Best Presentation Competition” at the “18th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering”(China)
Jurii Bilodid, Institute of Safety Research
|Prof. Roland Sauerbrey, Scientific Director of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, received an honorary doctoral degree from the University of Rostock.
- Prof. Peter Brust, Head of the Neuroradiopharmaceutical Division at the Institute of Radiopharmacy, was appointed as an adjunct professor at Leipzig University.
- PD Dr. Harald Schneider, Head of the Semiconductor Spectroscopy Division at the Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research, was named “Visiting Chair Professor” at the Shanghai Jiao Tong University in Shanghai, China.
- Dr. Peter Kaever, Head of the Department of Research & Technology, received appointments as Professor of Automation Engineering at the Cologne University of Applied Sciences (FH) and as Professor of Mechanical and Automation Engineering at the Beuth University of Applied Sciences Berlin.
- Prof. Wolfgang Enghardt from the Institute of Radiation Physics was elected as Vice President of the German Society for Medical Physics (DGMP); his term of office began on January 1, 2011.
- Prof. Joachim Wosnitza, Director of the Dresden High Magnetic Field Laboratory (HLD), was elected as Spokesperson of the German Physical Society’s (DPG) Review Board 307 “Condensed Matter Physics.”
- Prof. Wolfhard Möller, Director at the Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research, went into retirement. His successor is Prof. Jürgen Fassbender.
- Prof. Frank-Peter Weiß, lthe long serving Director of the Institute of Safety Research, assumed the technical-scientific general management of the Gesellschaft für Anlagen- und Reaktorsicherheit (GRS) mbH corporation. The institute is provisionally headed by Dr. Gunter Gerbeth.
- Dr. Arnd Junghans (Institute of Radiation Physics) and Dr. Matthias Posselt (Institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research) were invited to participate in expert groups of the Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA) at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).