The International Office advises and supports visiting scientists and researchers from abroad as well as international users of our research facilities - together with their families- in planning and organizing their stay in Dresden.
We want to be your central contact point for any and all questions you may have regarding your stay at the HZDR.
Our services include:
- Assisting international guests with formalities that need to be completed upon arrival, including information about the current regulations on traveling to Germany
- Providing general information about procedures with public authorities
- Assistance in searching for a suitable accommodation
- Offering families support in finding a place in a daycare or school
- Organizing and providing information about suitable leisure and recreational activities
- Organizing the international Summer Student Program
- For detailed information, please see our welcome guide.
General information about the current Pandemic situation and the local ruling:
Arriving from a risk area
Corona pandemic - New general ruling in Dresden:
Saxony´s regulations of protection regarding the corona pandemic valid from 26 August 2021
They are based not only on the incidence figures of the Robert Koch Institute but also on hospital bed occupancy by Covid 19 patients in Saxony.
Duty to wear masks
Surgical masks or mouth-nose coverings with the standards KN95/N95 or FFP2 should be worn
- in public transport (bus, train, taxi, etc.), supermarkets, banks, in front of catering establishments during delivery and collection, education and training facilities, accomodation establischments
A nasal-mouth protection must be worn wherever people come together, especially
- In work and business premises except at the immediate workplace, provided that the minimum distance of 1.5 meters can be maintained there
- In doctors' practices and clinics (except in the treatment room and for in-patients in their rooms)
- Spaces open to the public with regular public access (e.g. shopping centers, religious buildings)
- In front of and inside daycare and school buildings and on the school premises
- When staying at bus stops and railway stations
- For movement without stopping with means of transport
- For children under six years
- During sports activities
Infringements are subject to a fine of up to 60 euros.
- Reduce contacts with people outside the home to the absolute minimum necessary
- Keep the number of permissible contacts as constant and small as possible
- Keep a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from other people
- Using the Corona Warning App
- Regular ventilation in closed rooms
Employees, who have been absent for at least five consecutive working days due to vacations and comparable leaves of absence from duty or work, have to make a corona test before returning to their working place.
Please use the offer of the HZDR and book a corona rapid test.
You can also make a rapid test for-free in many drugstores in the city
- in case of positive test
- in case of direct contact with positive case
- in case of suspected own infection
Information from Dresden Welcome Center and Immigration Office
Due to the precautions to protect the health of employees and visitors, it is only possible to visit these offices with an appointment. Spontaneous visits are not possible.
The extensions of your already ordered residence permit will be sent out via post. Please make sure your mailbox is labelled and you are registered at your proper address. (Please acknowledge the delivery by sending the attached letter back.)
Contact information - Welcome Center: 0351/488 6051 - email@example.com
In urgent cases you can contact the immigration office at the hotline 0351-488 6009.
(Mon./Wed./Fri. from 9:00 to 12:00 - Tue./Thu. from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 18:00)
These regulations also apply to the citizens offices. Requests can only be made in the nearest citizens' office by appointment. Please call the respective office or the hotline 0351 488 - 6070.
Note: the current situation is dynamic. Please inform yourself about new regulations under the links given below.