HZDR Innovation Contest
Are you a scientist, employee, technician or laboratory assistant at the HZDR? Or are you a doctoral student, postdoc or guest scientist and interested in technology and knowledge transfer? Do you have an idea on how one could transform your research results or scientific knowledge into a marketable product or service? In that case, the HZDR Innovation Contest is for you!
In order to identify commercialisation ideas that have emerged at the HZDR, and to systematically assist in their further development, the HZDR invites its scientific employees to participate in the 5. HZDR Innovation Contest!
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The three best teams receive personal monetary rewards:
- 1. place: €1.500
- 2. place: €1.000
- 3. place: €500
Additionally, the successful competitors have the possibilty to obtain up to €200.000 in funding from the HZDR Innovation Fund for the validation and further development of their idea. The exact amount will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Often, the provided financial support will take the form of co-financing, and also own funds are required.
The participants apply using the provided template, stating their name, motivation, and providing a short sketch of the idea. The participants send their application forms to email@example.com
The participants can apply individually or as a team. However, in the workshop, the idea should be refined in teams of at least two participants. For individual participants, we will therefore provide at least one additional person to the team. Teams may consist of interested scientists, students, student assistants, innovation managers and/or external experts.
The workshop, where the teams draw up an exploitation plan for their ideas with the help of external mentors, forms the core of the competition. The focus of the workshop is not exclusively on founding spin-offs, but also on technology transfer to existing companies (license, sale, contract R&D) and knowledge transfer to society. Depending on the number of partcipants, 1-2 workshop days will be organised.
- 06.07.2021: Kick-off Information Event: Detailed information on the contest
- 05.11.2021: Deadline for applications - application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Week 45: Pre-selection of ideas and Notifying of the participants
- 15./16.11.2021, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Preparation workshops for participants in English (15.11.) and in German (16.11.) "The 1x1 of exploitation planning”
- 01./02.12.2021: Pitch Workshops - Development of a pitch presentation with support from external mentoring and presentation in front of a jury of experts
- February-March 2022: Awards ceremony of HZDR Innovation Contest
- From the 1st quarter 2022: Coordination of further support and financing for the successful teams
Application & further info
Sebastian Löbelt-Friedrich, dresden|exists, tel.: 0351 463-31627 / email@example.com
Melanie Giebel, Technology Transfer & Innovation, tel.: 0351 260 - 2062 / firstname.lastname@example.org