HZDR Innovation Contest
In the Innovation Contest, HZDR scientists, technicians and laboratory workers of the HZDR – especially PhD students at the end of their studies, post-docs and young group leaders as well as employees, guest scientists and scholars bring their ideas into action by transforming their research results and scientific knowledge into usable products or services.
Kick-off for the HZDR Innovation Contest 2023 on 15 June 2023, from 3.15 to 4 p.m.
The Department of Technology Transfer and Innovation (FSTT) cordially invites you to attend our kick-off information event, where we will introduce the process of the HZDR Innovation Contest 2023.
During the event, we will provide you with the following information:
- Five reasons to participate in the HZDR Innovation Contest:We will outline the benefits and opportunities that come with participating in the contest, emphasizing how it can foster innovation and collaboration.
- Who can participate? We will clarify the eligibility criteria and explain who is encouraged to take part in the contest. Wether you are a researcher, a students, or anyone with an innovative idea, we welcome your participation.
- Timeline and supporting program: We will present a detailed timeline of the contest, including key dates for submission, evaluation, and the final announcement of winners. Additionally, we will discuss the supporting programs and resources available free of charge to participants throughout the contest.
The kick-off event will be held in a hybrid format. We warmly welcome you to yoin us in person at our conference room 114/202. However, if attending in person is not feasible for you, we have arranged an online option for you to dial in and participate remotely. Please register for the event: https://events.hifis.net/e/kick_off/innovation_contest_June_2023.
And the Winner is … Seven great innovation ideas at the HZDR Innovation Contest 2022
With a novel radiolabeled connector molecule, the winner of the HZDR Innovation Contest 2022, Dr. Austin Craig, aims to significantly accelerate the development of PET tracers and research into new radiopharmaceuticals. Even though there can only be one first-place winner, all seven teams and single participants in the HZDR Innovation Contest are winners - because they had the courage to prepare an application idea for a product or service in a presentation and pitch it to a jury.
Congratulations to the three first places:
- 1st place: Radiolabeled connector molecules to aid drug discovery (Fluorizon) by Dr Austin Craig and Dr Guillermo Luque Consuegra.
- 2nd place: Low temperature generator with shape memory alloys (Energy Harvest System) by Bruno Neumann and Dr Klara Lünser
- 3rd place: Gas sensor based on 2D materials by Dr. Artur Erbe, Jens Zscharschuch, Zahra Fekri, Phanish Chava and Dr. Nikol Lambeva
The 6th HZDR Innovation Contest took place on 06 December 2022 in the reading room of the library. A total of 17 scientists and technicians participated and worked on their presentation together or alone with the support of the innovation managers of the HZDR transfer department and dresden|exists. Out of ten submissions, seven ideas made it to the jury for the competition. The seven-minute presentation included a description of the technology, market potential and competitive situation, the unique selling proposition, the roadmap for implementation and a presentation of the team.
The online award ceremony took place on 28 March 2023.