- DYN3D is a three-dimensional code for the calculation of steady states and transients in light water reactors with hexagonal or quadratic fuel assemblies. The neutron kinetics is connected with a two-phase thermohydraulic model and a fuel rod model.
- DYN3D is linked to the thermo-hydraulic system code ATHLET in three different ways - external coupling, internal coupling and parallel coupling.
- DYN3D is capable of calculating the burn-up prior to transient investigations.
- DYN3D has been equipped with a multi-group option.
- A SP3 neutron transport option has been developed, both for Cartesian and hexagonal (trigonal) versions.