The International Office advises and supports visiting scientists and researchers from abroad as well as international users of our research facilities - together with their families- in planning and organizing their stay in Dresden.
We want to be your central contact point for any and all questions you may have regarding your stay at the HZDR.
Our services include:
- Assisting international guests with formalities that need to be completed upon arrival, including information about the current regulations on traveling to Germany
- Providing general information about procedures with public authorities
- Assistance in searching for a suitable accommodation
- Offering families support in finding a place in a daycare or school
- Organizing and providing information about suitable leisure and recreational activities
- Organizing the international Summer Student Program
- For detailed information, please see our welcome guide.
Information from Dresden Welcome Center and Immigration Office
Due to the precautions to protect the health of employees and visitors, it is recommended to visit these offices with an appointment.
Contact information - Welcome Center: 0351/488 6051 - firstname.lastname@example.org
In urgent cases you can contact the immigration office at the hotline 0351-488 6009.
(Mon./Wed./Fri. from 9:00 to 12:00 - Tue./Thu. from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 18:00)