The International Office advises and supports visiting scientists and researchers, PhD students and postdocs from abroad as well as international users of our research facilities - together with their families - in organizing, preparing, and implementing their stay in Dresden.
We want to be your central contact point for any and all questions you may have regarding your stay at the HZDR.
Our services include:
- Providing general information about the HZDR
- Assisting international guests with formalities that need to be completed upon arrival
- Providing general information about procedures with public authorities
- Offering support for families, e.g. we'll help you find the right accommodation and/or register your children for kindergarten or school
- Organizing and providing information about suitable leisure and recreational activities
- Organizing international summer students
- For detailed information, please see our welcome guide.
International Office, Building 240, Room 107
Phone: +49 351 260 2821 or +49 1702284155
You can also call the last number in urgent cases at any time.
Good to know: Dr. Jörg Grenzer represents all international colleagues in our work commitee since summer 2019.
Coronavirus - General Information
Dresden Welcome Center and Immigration Office: Due to the precautions to protect the health of employees and visitors, it is only possible to visit these offices with an appointment. Spontaneous visits are not possible. Please write an e-Mail to email@example.com to schedule your appointment. Explain what you need and add the relevant documents in the attachment.
These regulations also apply to the citizens offices. Requests can only be made in the nearest citizens' office by appointment.
Please call the the respective office or the hotline 0351 488 - 6070.
Contact information - Welcome Center: 0351/488 6051 / firstname.lastname@example.org
In urgent cases you can contact the immigration office at the hotline 0351-488 6009.
(Mon./Wed./Fri. from 9:00 to 12:00 - Tue./Thu. from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 18:00)
Note: the current situation is dynamic. Please inform yourself about new regulations under the links given below.
information about the current situation and the local ruling:
Rules and recommendations on behavior: file:///C:/Users/matthe34/AppData/Local/Temp/Merkblatt-Verhaltensregeln-Coronavirus-EN.pdf