ROBL-II – The Rossendorf Beamline at ESRF
- The HZDR Institute of Resource Ecology operates its own beamline at the European Synchrotron Research Facility (ESRF), the Rossendorf Beamline (ROBL).
- ROBL provides two experimental stations for synchrotron spectroscopy and diffraction techniques, where basic research on the chemistry of f-elements, the disposal of radioactive waste and environmental chemistry can be carried out.
- Beamtime will be assigned to HZDR and external users based on the scientific value of the submitted proposal, which will be evaluated by review panels of the HZDR and ESRF respectively.
- ROBL is funded by the HZDR, the BMBF and the European Council.
- ROBL was a Pooled Facility of ACTINET/TALISMAN from 2004 to 2016 and provides AcReDaS, a spectroscopic database for actinides and other elements.